Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Out of Media Storage - When I am not...

I went to go for a run today with my Apple Watch to play music. Instead of playing, the watch zipped through all the songs in my playlist on the display. Apparently my music was removed from my watch and when I checked the Watch App on my iPhone I get an "Out of Media Storage Space." However, I have over 25GB still free and only 642 MB of which is Music App documents & data (see attached screenshots). I tried deleting the selected playlists from the watch app and putting them back, erasing and putting back all the music on my iPhone, and restarting both the watch and iPhone. The music was on the watch 5 days ago when I ran, I'm not sure why the watch suddenly decided that it was full and dumped it all.

As , I have spent far too much time trying to fix an Apple glitch. Can anyone help?

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 10:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 8:19 AM

SOLUTION: For anyone else having this issue. I followed the five steps suggested by Randy-12 (below):

1) Unpair the watch from the iPhone

2) Delete the Watch app from the iPhone

3) Force restart the iPhone

4) Download the Watch app and install it

5) Pair the watch back to the iPhone setting it up as new.

HOWEVER:

• the first time I did it I repaired the Apple Watch from backup -- the problem persisted
  • the second time I paired as a new Apple Watch (not from backup) -- the problem persisted...

BUT THEN:

• I realized that I selected to have all available apps loaded on the Apple Watch as part of the new pairing, so...'
  • I went back and removed all the apps that I did not really need/want from the watch, and...
  • THE PROBLEM RESOLVED and I could download music files again...

THUS:

• I believe it is likely that one or more apps are inappropriately interacting with the latest Apple Watch OS update and causing the conflict with music downloads...
  • I do not know which one(s) and I have spent enough time on this annoying glitch, so I would just suggest EITHER working backwards and removing a few apps at a time an see if the problem clears, OR removing all optional apps, verifying that the problem is cleared, then adding apps back whilst checking.

Thank you Randy-12 for the assist, and thank you Apple for releasing yet another buggy OS update that wastes my valuable and very limited free time.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2022 8:19 AM in response to Robert Alexander5

SOLUTION: For anyone else having this issue. I followed the five steps suggested by Randy-12 (below):

1) Unpair the watch from the iPhone

2) Delete the Watch app from the iPhone

3) Force restart the iPhone

4) Download the Watch app and install it

5) Pair the watch back to the iPhone setting it up as new.

HOWEVER:

• the first time I did it I repaired the Apple Watch from backup -- the problem persisted
  • the second time I paired as a new Apple Watch (not from backup) -- the problem persisted...

BUT THEN:

• I realized that I selected to have all available apps loaded on the Apple Watch as part of the new pairing, so...'
  • I went back and removed all the apps that I did not really need/want from the watch, and...
  • THE PROBLEM RESOLVED and I could download music files again...

THUS:

• I believe it is likely that one or more apps are inappropriately interacting with the latest Apple Watch OS update and causing the conflict with music downloads...
  • I do not know which one(s) and I have spent enough time on this annoying glitch, so I would just suggest EITHER working backwards and removing a few apps at a time an see if the problem clears, OR removing all optional apps, verifying that the problem is cleared, then adding apps back whilst checking.

Thank you Randy-12 for the assist, and thank you Apple for releasing yet another buggy OS update that wastes my valuable and very limited free time.

Out of Media Storage - When I am not...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.