Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not receiving texts from an android user. Just switched back to an Iphone.

I've had this problem many times over the years. Both with iPhones and when switching to an android phone and switching back to an iPhone. Certain people do not receive texts. I feel like this is definitely an Apple issue. As I always receive texts on an android. It is usually the iPhone that doesn't receive texts from an android user. I've been on both sides of it. Currently, I switched back to an iPhone, and I'm able to send texts to my wife but I don't receive texts from her on my iPhone. She has a Google Pixel.

A year ago I switched from an iPhone to a Google Pixel and I could receive and send texts on the Pixel but my boss with an iPhone wouldn't receive any of the texts I sent him, even though it looked like I sent them on the Pixel.

Has Apple fixed this issue? I just updated the iPhone to the latest iOS 15 and still not receiving texts from my wife who has an Android.

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 12:50 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 17, 2022 2:22 PM in response to JoshHouchens

JoshHouchens wrote:

I've had this problem many times over the years. Both with iPhones and when switching to an android phone and switching back to an iPhone. Certain people do not receive texts. I feel like this is definitely an Apple issue. As I always receive texts on an android. It is usually the iPhone that doesn't receive texts from an android user. I've been on both sides of it. Currently, I switched back to an iPhone, and I'm able to send texts to my wife but I don't receive texts from her on my iPhone. She has a Google Pixel.

A year ago I switched from an iPhone to a Google Pixel and I could receive and send texts on the Pixel but my boss with an iPhone wouldn't receive any of the texts I sent him, even though it looked like I sent them on the Pixel.

Has Apple fixed this issue? I just updated the iPhone to the latest iOS 15 and still not receiving texts from my wife who has an Android.

Apple system using imessage, text message is a phone carrier feature, have you contacted yours to troubleshoot?

Not receiving texts from an android user. Just switched back to an Iphone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.