Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New and unwanted step in Bookmark

I access my email accounts through Safari. I have these websites bookmarked in my Favorites toolbar. For decades I have clicked on the bookmarks, and they take me straight into desired email accounts.

A day or two ago I started getting the following webpage whenever I click the bookmark for AT&T Yahoo:

I click the button "Go to Inbox," and Safari takes me to the inbox.

I am not aware of having changed anything in Mail, but I do not use Mail often, and anyway I am going through Safari.

It is a minor annoyance, but it is new. Does anyone recognize the problem and know how to get rid of this new intermediate step?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 12:59 PM

Hi R_55a, 

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities with your question about a saved bookmark. We’ll be happy to lend a hand.

Looking at the photo you shared of what’s happening is the link to get to your Inbox has changed and providing you with a shortcut to get to the updated link. 

Once you click Go to Inbox and the page loads, you will want to update the bookmark you have saved. This article should help with managing bookmarks, Bookmark webpages that you want to revisit in Safari on Mac.

Reach back out if you have questions.

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2022 12:59 PM in response to R_55a

Hi R_55a, 

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities with your question about a saved bookmark. We’ll be happy to lend a hand.

Looking at the photo you shared of what’s happening is the link to get to your Inbox has changed and providing you with a shortcut to get to the updated link. 

Once you click Go to Inbox and the page loads, you will want to update the bookmark you have saved. This article should help with managing bookmarks, Bookmark webpages that you want to revisit in Safari on Mac.

Reach back out if you have questions.

Have a great day!

New and unwanted step in Bookmark

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.