Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

junk email i phone 12max

Hi

Why do i receive junk email in my inbox on my i phone all of a sudden

it goes to junk on my laptop. but inbox on my i phone?

Thank you

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 3:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 12:10 PM

I would be wary of "free" apps for this purpose. LD150 is definitely on the right track. I go a bit further and employ the following basic tactic:

• I created an email account with a number of "free"email services, like Hotmail/Live/Outlook and gMail. I use these services' junk mail filtering features, and have these accounts forward those that aren't filtered out to my "main" email account. When giving out my email address, I provide one of these "filtering" accounts. As you can imagine, it doesn't take long before SPAM emails start arriving.
  • For my Macs, I use a "second line of defense," by utilizing a dedicated email SPAM filtering app, like SpamSieve. In this case, I don't use the Apple Mail's built-in spam filtering.

Using both of these methods, I get less than 1% of SPAM messages that still make it through the gauntlet.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2022 12:10 PM in response to timmy159

I would be wary of "free" apps for this purpose. LD150 is definitely on the right track. I go a bit further and employ the following basic tactic:

• I created an email account with a number of "free"email services, like Hotmail/Live/Outlook and gMail. I use these services' junk mail filtering features, and have these accounts forward those that aren't filtered out to my "main" email account. When giving out my email address, I provide one of these "filtering" accounts. As you can imagine, it doesn't take long before SPAM emails start arriving.
  • For my Macs, I use a "second line of defense," by utilizing a dedicated email SPAM filtering app, like SpamSieve. In this case, I don't use the Apple Mail's built-in spam filtering.

Using both of these methods, I get less than 1% of SPAM messages that still make it through the gauntlet.

Feb 18, 2022 11:17 AM in response to timmy159

As you are using two or more devices to access Hotmail you might br better getting Hotmail on the web to manage it st source. I know my Outlook.com has white and black listing facility and junk mail routing. Then all devices should receive the same.

I would not try to do it in either of your mail apps.

Google "Hotmail junk mail settings"

junk email i phone 12max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.