Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email folders

Having troubles with mail folders on my Mac. I drag & drop an email into a specific folder but ends up coming back into the inbox folder? How do I fix this problem?

iMac 27″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 3:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 4:40 PM

you can try a safe boot. if the problem resolves itself in safe mode, you can reboot normally and test again. sometimes a safe boot followed by a normal boot can fix things

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

if that doesn't help, you can set up a test account and test for the issue again. that way we will know if the issue is tied to your regular account or if it is system wide.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2022 4:40 PM in response to Bella3111

you can try a safe boot. if the problem resolves itself in safe mode, you can reboot normally and test again. sometimes a safe boot followed by a normal boot can fix things

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

if that doesn't help, you can set up a test account and test for the issue again. that way we will know if the issue is tied to your regular account or if it is system wide.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support

email folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.