Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV problem

I use AppleTV to stream content to my TV using cable to the HDMI. Each time I view a program, when it has been running for about an hour, the sound becomes distorted to the point where spoken words are impossible to understand. If I pause the program for about two minutes, then start it again, the problem disappears and all is fine again. That 2 minute break usually becomes a toilet break or time to

make a cup of tea, but sometimes it is just very frustrating to have that interruption to the progress of the program.

Any suggestions of a cause? And more importantly, a solution!

Thanks.

Apple TV

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 10:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 12:40 AM

Assuming TV speakers audio, you’ve tried the basics of: the AppleTV and the TV have up to date OS and a full reboot of both devices? Tried a different HDMI cable? Tried a different HDMI port on the TV (it may have ports designated for certain hdmi versions etc).

On AppleTV menus under Video-Audio, there are menu options to try:

-Check HDMI Connection

-Specify 16 bit Audio

-Specify DD

-Are there any HDMI settings on your TV that you’ve tried?

I’d try each one independently to see if one of them solves it.

i don’t know if any of those will be applicable but I’d perform those before delving deeper into the troubleshooting.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2022 12:40 AM in response to fuzztvtime

Assuming TV speakers audio, you’ve tried the basics of: the AppleTV and the TV have up to date OS and a full reboot of both devices? Tried a different HDMI cable? Tried a different HDMI port on the TV (it may have ports designated for certain hdmi versions etc).

On AppleTV menus under Video-Audio, there are menu options to try:

-Check HDMI Connection

-Specify 16 bit Audio

-Specify DD

-Are there any HDMI settings on your TV that you’ve tried?

I’d try each one independently to see if one of them solves it.

i don’t know if any of those will be applicable but I’d perform those before delving deeper into the troubleshooting.

AppleTV problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.