Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imovie for Mac OS Yosemite

I've got an old Mac. Imovie last version doesn't work with my operative system. Which version of Imovie must I utilize? And where can I find it? Thanks

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 3:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 7:27 AM

OK

On your old Mac sign into the App Store with the Apple ID that you use for your new Mac.

Click on the Purchased Tag at the top of the screen.

Your Purchased page should now be visible and you should see iMovie listed on this page with something like download or install next to it. Click on this .

You will probably get a pop up message saying that the current version is not available but will offer you a version that is compatible with your current OS, so accept this.

Let us know how this goes and get back here if you need more assistance or have more questions.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2022 7:27 AM in response to anna_giuditta

OK

On your old Mac sign into the App Store with the Apple ID that you use for your new Mac.

Click on the Purchased Tag at the top of the screen.

Your Purchased page should now be visible and you should see iMovie listed on this page with something like download or install next to it. Click on this .

You will probably get a pop up message saying that the current version is not available but will offer you a version that is compatible with your current OS, so accept this.

Let us know how this goes and get back here if you need more assistance or have more questions.

Feb 20, 2022 1:03 AM in response to anna_giuditta

Yes iMovie version 9 ( and also ver 8 , I believe) should work with Yosemite.

The link for updating to ver 8.0.6 will only work on version 8.

Likewise the update to ver 9.0.9 will only work on ver 9.

Therefore you cannot update to ver 9.0.9 from any version of 8 from the above links.

What model camcorder do you want to connect to your new Mac.

You mention FireWire so I assume your camcorder records to tape, is that correct?

If your camcorder records to tape cassettes then you have to use the FireWire cable with an additional 2 adaptors for your new Mac.

The 2 adaptors cost about 80 £,$ Euro and may not work for you.

Capturing tape to new Macs with new OS has been difficult for some on here.

Best solution would be to capture the tape on the older Mac and transfer the files over to your new Mac via an external drive.

You are entering your Apple ID into your old Mac exactly the same as your new Mac?

Both Apple ID and the password?

Imovie for Mac OS Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.