Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can one send and receive faxes on iPhone 12 Pro Max?

How can one or can one send and receive faxes on iPhone 12 Pro Max?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 11:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 12:53 PM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities Scorecerer,

We see that you have a question about sending/receiving a fax on your iPhone. We'd be happy to get you pointed in the right direction.

You would need to download an app from the App Store in order to send or receive a fax on your device. Keep in mind that you might need to have a paid subscription for some of the apps.

Download apps and games on your iPhone or iPad

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2022 12:53 PM in response to Scorecerer

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities Scorecerer,

We see that you have a question about sending/receiving a fax on your iPhone. We'd be happy to get you pointed in the right direction.

You would need to download an app from the App Store in order to send or receive a fax on your device. Keep in mind that you might need to have a paid subscription for some of the apps.

Download apps and games on your iPhone or iPad

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Feb 20, 2022 8:39 AM in response to Scorecerer

You are welcome.

I understand that there are some circumstances that exist and require faxing. I deal with this in my business as well. What I was attempting to communicate is that the possibility of sending and receiving faxes exists today with any smart phone.. This service is not provided by Apple directly, however, is widely available in the form of Apps provided by developers of this service.

Axel F.

Feb 20, 2022 7:03 AM in response to Axel Foley

Thank you for your answer. The reason this whole thing with faxing came up for me was because I'm trying to help my sister, who while dealing with a government office in the IRS, said office insisted that certain documentation that needed to be submitted had to be submitted by fax or by hardcopy through the mail. Hardcopy was not a practical possibility because she resides in Mexico and the mail from there to the US is too slow and unreliable. There are deadlines with the IRS that are involved. Therefore fax became the only way. So, for now, it seems that fax functionality or the need for it has not died completely. The IRS will not accept submission of her personal records through email or other non-secure encrypted methods. I will ultimately have to obtain a fax app, have her send me her records and then submit them for her by fax, as she has no iPhone and is not very adept at using her Android phone. I'm still working on converting her to an iPhone. Thank you again for your assistance.

Can one send and receive faxes on iPhone 12 Pro Max?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.