You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Car Icon on Apple Maps

How does the blue 'rotating fan' function when I look at a map with my parked car? I've not been able to find information. Thanks.

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 12:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 1:40 PM

Hi Fredbugdoctor,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you'd like to know what the car icon is when looking at a map with your parked car, and we'd like to assist. It sounds like you might be talking about the parked car marker which can help you find your way back to a parked car. This article explains more:

Get driving directions in Maps on iPhone

If this is not what you're referring to, please let us know more about what you're seeing.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 19, 2022 1:40 PM in response to Fredbugdoctor

Hi Fredbugdoctor,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you'd like to know what the car icon is when looking at a map with your parked car, and we'd like to assist. It sounds like you might be talking about the parked car marker which can help you find your way back to a parked car. This article explains more:

Get driving directions in Maps on iPhone

If this is not what you're referring to, please let us know more about what you're seeing.

Take care.

Car Icon on Apple Maps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.