Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to play movies from icloud drive on AppleTV

I have new apple TV, running TVOS15.3. I know I can look at the icloud photos with it. Is there a way to play iCloud movies? I have bunch of home movies on my 2TB icloud drive. I would think the best way to see them is to stream it to AppleTV instead of watching on the laptop.

Is there a way to do that?

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 1:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 12:39 AM

Options I know of:

-Move the videos into iCloud Photos

-Airplay them from your Mac, iPhone or iPad

-If your Mac or PC has HDMI out, use this wired connection to the TV

-(credit user Shortee-sama for following suggestion) ”if you are not set on iCloud, you can put your vids into your iTunes library and turn on home sharing.”

Outside of those suggestions I’m not aware of a native TVOS app that will sync with iCloud Drive to stream movies. That’s not to say one doesn’t now exist but I haven’t seen one.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2022 12:39 AM in response to mettur

Options I know of:

-Move the videos into iCloud Photos

-Airplay them from your Mac, iPhone or iPad

-If your Mac or PC has HDMI out, use this wired connection to the TV

-(credit user Shortee-sama for following suggestion) ”if you are not set on iCloud, you can put your vids into your iTunes library and turn on home sharing.”

Outside of those suggestions I’m not aware of a native TVOS app that will sync with iCloud Drive to stream movies. That’s not to say one doesn’t now exist but I haven’t seen one.

How to play movies from icloud drive on AppleTV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.