Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Invalid SIM message appears sometimes

Every once in a while I see an Invalid SIM message at the top of my screen (iPhone 8). Any idea what this is? Restarting the phone makes it disappear.

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 8:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 8:03 AM

Thanks! I looked for something like that but I guess I didn't word my request properly. I did shut the phone off and then back on and that helped, as it has in the past. I only does it a couple of times a year, so not a big deal, just weird. I think it's time for a new phone anyway as mine also decided to go silent whenever it feels like it - no ring tones, no vibration, and no flashing light. Even no notification sent to my watch.

Thanks again for your speedy response!

Linda F

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2022 8:03 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks! I looked for something like that but I guess I didn't word my request properly. I did shut the phone off and then back on and that helped, as it has in the past. I only does it a couple of times a year, so not a big deal, just weird. I think it's time for a new phone anyway as mine also decided to go silent whenever it feels like it - no ring tones, no vibration, and no flashing light. Even no notification sent to my watch.

Thanks again for your speedy response!

Linda F

Invalid SIM message appears sometimes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.