Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Install Rosetta on Macbook M1 chip fails

A brand new Macbook M1 with Monterey OS fails rosetta installation but indicates a questionable success.

Air invite % softwareupdate --install-rosetta --agree-to-license

By using the agreetolicense option, you are agreeing that you have run this tool with the license only option and have read and agreed to the terms.

If you do not agree, press CTRL-C and cancel this process immediately.

Type A to agree to the license to proceed, typed A

2022-02-19 08:26:11.042 softwareupdate[15651:1455550] Package Authoring Error: 002-23768: Package reference com.apple.pkg.RosettaUpdateAuto is missing installKBytes attribute

followed by

Install of Rosetta 2 finished successfully

Is this really successful?

Help, Thanks

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 8:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 9:08 PM

Hi, I was getting the same problem after updating macOS on my new Mac Studio. Intel apps weren't launching and couldn't reinstall Rosetta. Tried terminal commands, the Rosetta 2 updater.app, safe mode and even reinstalling macOS. Turns out something is corrupted with Rosetta and you have to delete its files to be able to reinstall. Go here and scroll down to the bottom to see how to do it: Can you remove Rosetta 2 on Apple … | Apple Developer Forums

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2022 9:08 PM in response to gamerzne

Hi, I was getting the same problem after updating macOS on my new Mac Studio. Intel apps weren't launching and couldn't reinstall Rosetta. Tried terminal commands, the Rosetta 2 updater.app, safe mode and even reinstalling macOS. Turns out something is corrupted with Rosetta and you have to delete its files to be able to reinstall. Go here and scroll down to the bottom to see how to do it: Can you remove Rosetta 2 on Apple … | Apple Developer Forums

Install Rosetta on Macbook M1 chip fails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.