Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Hijack

I have been looking all through the communities page for help and most of the methods I try do don't work. I have installed Malwarebytes and cleared out the malware it detected but there is still malware on my computer hijacking my Safari which redirects to Bing. I have tried mostly everything, there are no extensions on safari, I had cleared the cache multiple times, and I still don't know what app or thing I downloaded is causing this. I'm also wondering if the hijack only controls my safari and can't access anything else on my macbook.

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 11:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 11:22 AM

Download EtreCheck: https://etrecheck.com/ and post the report here.

Click, “Free Download” button and then “Click to download” button,

open Downloads folder, click on it to open, and then select ”Open”.

Choose a problem” from the popup menu box, and then “Start EtreCheck” in the dialog.

Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar and select “Copy report”.

Click the “Page” button in the toolbar at the bottom of this page and paste it when you reply.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2022 11:22 AM in response to forgued

Download EtreCheck: https://etrecheck.com/ and post the report here.

Click, “Free Download” button and then “Click to download” button,

open Downloads folder, click on it to open, and then select ”Open”.

Choose a problem” from the popup menu box, and then “Start EtreCheck” in the dialog.

Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar and select “Copy report”.

Click the “Page” button in the toolbar at the bottom of this page and paste it when you reply.

Feb 19, 2022 12:35 PM in response to dominic23

EtreCheckPro version: 6.5.6 (6F041)

Report generated: 2022-02-19 12:19:23

Download EtreCheckPro from https://etrecheck.com

Runtime: 3:54

Performance: Good

Problem: Other problem

Description:

Safari is Hijacked and keeps redirecting to Bing.

Major Issues:

Anything that appears on this list needs immediate attention.

Unsigned files - There are unsigned software files installed that could be adware and should be reviewed.

Low disk space - This computer is running critically low on free hard drive space.

Minor Issues:

These issues do not need immediate attention but they may indicate future problems or opportunities for improvement.

No Time Machine backup - Time Machine backup not found.

Clean up - There are orphan files that could be removed.

Unsigned files - There are unsigned software files installed. Apple has said that unsigned software will not run by default in a future version of the operating system.

x86-only Apps - This computer has x86-only apps might not work on future versions of the operating system.

Limited drive access - More information may be available with Full Drive Access.

Kernel extensions present - This computer has kernel extensions that may not work in the future.

Hardware Information:

MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017)

MacBook Air Model: MacBookAir7,2

1.8 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 (i5-5350U) CPU: 2-core

8 GB RAM - Not upgradeable

BANK 0/DIMM0 - 4 GB DDR3 1600

BANK 1/DIMM0 - 4 GB DDR3 1600

Battery: Health = Normal - Cycle count = 98

Safari Hijack

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.