Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am not tech savvy-is it easier to transfer info from old MAC to new MAC using timemachine bkup or migration assistant?

Easier to use timemachine bkup or migration asst. to transfer files...from old MAC to new one? I am NOT tech savvy. old Macbook pro to new MAC air

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 2:15 PM

Migration Assistant and Setup Assistance both transfer from TimeMachine, a different Mac or Windows. The TM backup is one of the possible the sources.

You have to have two elements: source and destination. All Migration Assistance Dows is supply a means for the transfer. It can't work without a source and destination.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2022 2:15 PM in response to Nhsunm

Migration Assistant and Setup Assistance both transfer from TimeMachine, a different Mac or Windows. The TM backup is one of the possible the sources.

You have to have two elements: source and destination. All Migration Assistance Dows is supply a means for the transfer. It can't work without a source and destination.

I am not tech savvy-is it easier to transfer info from old MAC to new MAC using timemachine bkup or migration assistant?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.