Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you remove the FaceTime icon in a group text

FaceTime icon comes up on one of my group text and I cannot receive a response from one of the people

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 2:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2022 4:32 PM

I have this issue also, in a text msg or group there now appears a FaceTime camera icon in the upper right instead of a phone icon. How can I change this back to a phone icon. I don’t want to FaceTime people generally. If deleting FaceTime is the answer I’d gladly do that if it’ll solve this problem

4 replies

Feb 20, 2022 12:29 PM in response to sclarkelmer

Hi sclarkelmer,

Thanks for reaching out! We understand you have some questions about FaceTime, and we'd like to help. To clarify, are you referring to the camera icon in the upper right corner? If so, this is a new feature where someone with an Android device or a PC can now join a FaceTime call using a link.

Are you unable to receive an SMS text response from someone in the group, or are you trying to add them to a group FaceTime call? The camera icon cannot be removed from the Messages app at this time, however, it shouldn't prevent you from receiving SMS text messages from someone. Are you able to message the contact individually and receive a response?

Please let us know what you find, and we'll continue to help out.

Have a great day.

Feb 20, 2022 6:40 PM in response to Amanda239_91

Thank you so much for the response! I won’t worry about the camera icon. There are three of us in a group text two of us have iPhones and one has an Android. The other two Apple and android and no trouble communicating and I have no trouble communicating directly with the android user but Texts between the three of us, the android person and I could not see or answer each other’s messages.

But we seem to have worked it out, and if not I’ll get back to you. Thank you again so much, Apple discussion boards are great.

How do you remove the FaceTime icon in a group text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.