Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flashing screen on iphone

My iPhone 8 is not working correctly. The Home Screen keeps flashing between the Home Screen and log in and a blank screen. I have tried to force a closure but this isn’t working. It is flashing every few seconds, making a brief sound and then does it again. Occasionally the Apple icon comes up but then is starts flashing again. Can anyone advise me what to do to stop this ?

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 4:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 3:53 AM

You may have a hardware failure and before repair you need to backup, but try the following first.

•Backup, restore to factory, and restore from backup•

Note If you can import your media to Photos app in a computer and copy important documents to a cloud server it will give you some resilience in case the restore from backup fails.

(1) How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

(2) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

(3) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If the problem remains then arrange a repair

iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2022 3:53 AM in response to SarahD1964

You may have a hardware failure and before repair you need to backup, but try the following first.

•Backup, restore to factory, and restore from backup•

Note If you can import your media to Photos app in a computer and copy important documents to a cloud server it will give you some resilience in case the restore from backup fails.

(1) How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

(2) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

(3) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If the problem remains then arrange a repair

iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

Flashing screen on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.