Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud verification failed when trying to login on Macbook Pro

Hello, I am trying to login to my apple id on my macbook pro because it suddenly stopped so I have to reconnect, but I am having a problem when I put my password.

First step: use iCloud password - OK

Second step: use local macbook password - OK

Third step (Image): use the code to unlock my iPhone - error

"Verification failed, something happens trying to verify the code from your iPhone"

I am stuck on this error since I have done nearly everything except delete everything on my macbook. I have tried restarting, rebooting, remove device from apple id, change password, but nothings makes effect and I am still getting the same error on third step. I have tried with different device aswell.

Thanks

Posted on Feb 19, 2022 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 4:45 AM

Thanks Rayne for your answer, but didn't work. I was backing up all my information to reset my macbook pro but I did update to Monterey instead and it solved to problem, I could log in to iCloud correctly without problems. I think this is a big issue since I didn't want to update my OS yet.

2 replies

Feb 20, 2022 1:31 PM in response to Juliustack

Hi Juliustack,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. We understand you're having some issues signing in to iCloud on your Mac, and you're in the right place for help.

As we understand it, you're able to sign in with your Mac and iCloud passwords, but you receive an error once you enter the verification code. Is that right?

Have you tried safe mode yet? If not, here's How to use safe mode on your Mac. Try that out and test, and then click Apple menu () > Restart to get back to normal. Let us know what happens.

Cheers.

iCloud verification failed when trying to login on Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.