Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HDR screenshot distortion

Is there a way to maintain the HDR when taking a still (screenshot)? It appears to lose the HDR quality if I want a still from the video from my 13pro.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 8:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 12:12 AM

Screenshots are always still. If I understand you correctly you are taking the screenshot of a video that is playing on your device and what you get is not a clear image.

This is normal.

If you take a video on 60 fps there are only 60 Frames (Images) within a second. The screenshot is taken within a fraction of a second this may many times land you in between two frames. 30 fps is even trickier.

The best option would be to pause the video at a frame of your choice by adjusting the video slider. This is tricky and requires precision and effort. After pausing take the screenshot.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2022 12:12 AM in response to sum_3

Screenshots are always still. If I understand you correctly you are taking the screenshot of a video that is playing on your device and what you get is not a clear image.

This is normal.

If you take a video on 60 fps there are only 60 Frames (Images) within a second. The screenshot is taken within a fraction of a second this may many times land you in between two frames. 30 fps is even trickier.

The best option would be to pause the video at a frame of your choice by adjusting the video slider. This is tricky and requires precision and effort. After pausing take the screenshot.

HDR screenshot distortion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.