Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Putting App on first Home Screen

How can I move apps to leftmost page of my home screen? Using IOS 15.3.1, when I move an app off the the left most screen, another one automatically moves to that screen which fill up the screen with apps, so I don't have a free spot to move a new app.

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 10:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 11:25 PM

TryingToImprove Said:

"Thank you for the link. I am well aware of this approach, but it won’t work for me because my leftmost screen is full and when I move an app off that screen, another app moves into its place. When the page is full, I can’t add the app I want to add to that leftmost screen."

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Gaps:

A. Start Here: Move Apps and Widgets on the Home Screen on iPhone - Apple Support

B. Reset the Home Screen Layout:

Gaps are not working as they should, then you need to reset the Home Screen Layout...

Go Here: Move and Organize Apps on iPhone - Apple Support

You'd have to add back all the widgets that you can recall being back on there.

Scroll to: Reset the Home Screen and Apps to their Original Layout

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Home Screen Layout
  5. Then... Add the apps back
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2022 11:25 PM in response to TryingToImprove

TryingToImprove Said:

"Thank you for the link. I am well aware of this approach, but it won’t work for me because my leftmost screen is full and when I move an app off that screen, another app moves into its place. When the page is full, I can’t add the app I want to add to that leftmost screen."

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Gaps:

A. Start Here: Move Apps and Widgets on the Home Screen on iPhone - Apple Support

B. Reset the Home Screen Layout:

Gaps are not working as they should, then you need to reset the Home Screen Layout...

Go Here: Move and Organize Apps on iPhone - Apple Support

You'd have to add back all the widgets that you can recall being back on there.

Scroll to: Reset the Home Screen and Apps to their Original Layout

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Home Screen Layout
  5. Then... Add the apps back

Feb 20, 2022 11:07 PM in response to TryingToImprove

TryingToImprove Said:

"Putting App on first Home Screen: How can I move apps to leftmost page of my home screen? Using IOS 15.3.1, when I move an app off the the left most screen, another one automatically moves to that screen which fill up the screen with apps, so I don't have a free spot to move a new app."

-------

Refer to the link provided atop this post.

Putting App on first Home Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.