Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blue ring around contact in IMessage

What does the blue ring around a contacts picture mean? Not the transparent location ring but the solid ring around a picture, sometimes it’s blue others it’s blank. Why does this happen and what is it for? Please see pic for reference. **Again NOT BLUE circle showing approximate location** but blue ring around contact name/photo of contact.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 1:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 7:45 AM

Hello Chizzy07,

We see you're inquiring about a blue ring around your contacts picture in iMessage. We'd be happy to answer this for you!

When you see a highlighted blue ring around a contact that means they are approximately in that current location . Check out section "How your device uses Location Services" in About privacy and Location Services in iOS and iPadOS to learn more.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2022 7:45 AM in response to Chizzy07

Hello Chizzy07,

We see you're inquiring about a blue ring around your contacts picture in iMessage. We'd be happy to answer this for you!

When you see a highlighted blue ring around a contact that means they are approximately in that current location . Check out section "How your device uses Location Services" in About privacy and Location Services in iOS and iPadOS to learn more.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

Mar 17, 2022 10:05 PM in response to bailier

Clearly you did not read what I posted or even look at the photo. Automatic bot clearly! So if A real human could answer or help that would be great! I am posting another photo to clearly show the question that I am asking as well as many many many others. And If a ******* bot answers again clearly apple don’t even know there own system!

Blue ring around contact in IMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.