Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV: can i rent a movie on apple tv without a apple tv subscription

can i rent a movie on apple tv without a apple tv subscription?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 2:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 2:54 AM

Yes, the iTunes Store movie catalog is separate from, and independent of, a subscription to Apple TV+.

(Apple TV+ content is only available by subscription. Those specific titles are not available for rent or buy.)

Rent movies from the Apple TV app - Apple Support

Buy movies and TV shows from the Apple TV app - Apple Support

On Macs with macOS 10.14 or earlier, the iTunes Store movies would be available in the iTunes application. On Macs with macOS 10.15 or later, the iTunes Store movies would be available in the bundled Apple TV app.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2022 2:54 AM in response to karynmo1001

Yes, the iTunes Store movie catalog is separate from, and independent of, a subscription to Apple TV+.

(Apple TV+ content is only available by subscription. Those specific titles are not available for rent or buy.)

Rent movies from the Apple TV app - Apple Support

Buy movies and TV shows from the Apple TV app - Apple Support

On Macs with macOS 10.14 or earlier, the iTunes Store movies would be available in the iTunes application. On Macs with macOS 10.15 or later, the iTunes Store movies would be available in the bundled Apple TV app.

Apple TV: can i rent a movie on apple tv without a apple tv subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.