Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happens to my google photos backup if I delete the photos from the iPhone?

Good morning , I had gotten a notification on my iPhone 11 green 64 GB that I iCloud storage was full. I had a lot of valuable photos and don't want to pay for iCloud storage, so I downloaded Google photos and backed up all my photos from the photo app on my iPhone to Google photos my question for you is if I delete all of my photos I currently have in the Photos app on my iPhone will the photos that I backed up to google photos disappear like the photos In the photos app when I delete them forever . Also, how long will those photos stay in Google Photos 

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 6:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2022 1:59 PM

See the following from Google support: https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6128843?hl=en&ref_topic=6128848&co=GENIE.Platform%3DiOS&oco=0

6 replies

Mar 2, 2022 12:50 PM in response to Bri24A

Reply to Bri24A ☁️iCloud Photos

The photos that you downloaded to Google will remain there . They would disappear if you delete any within the app , for example : if you put a pic into an album then delete the pic , it's gone from that album too . I guess to make a long story short , your photos will be in your iPhone until you delete them . If you have a desktop , check that too , Apple keeps full versions of photos & videos there , available for download upon opening … it's copies we see on our iPhones & iPads .

🖼

Mar 2, 2022 1:44 PM in response to SteelCityAnne

Correct, but Apple computers can run Windows and Apple services also work with Windows, such as iCloud. Windows computers can all sync with iTunes. I sometimes suggest that users contact app developers or app services that are not Apple products. Google has their own support resources and many times OP’s are better off contacting them directly. Google Photos is a proprietary Google product and IMO, the OP should direct their question to them.

Just my thoughts… this doesn’t mean that someone that uses Google photos couldn’t jump in and offer a solution.

What happens to my google photos backup if I delete the photos from the iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.