You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I see that my iMac Late 2013 can no longer accept an upgraded OS. Is that true?

Is there any way to upgrade my OS so that I can install apps that only work on 10.14 or higher or 10.11+?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 8:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 10:21 AM

A Late 2013 iMac can run up to macOS 10.15 "Catalina." See:

macOS Catalina - Technical Specifications

Note that when you upgrade past Mojave 10.14, older 32-bit software like Microsoft Office 2011 no longer works. This tool can help you decide whether to upgrade to Mojave or Catalina.

https://www.stclairsoft.com/Go64/index.html

Links to Mojave and Catalina downloads are in this Apple article:

How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

Note that you MUST use Safari for the download. You must also backup your current install in case something goes wrong.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 21, 2022 10:21 AM in response to Grandpaboo

A Late 2013 iMac can run up to macOS 10.15 "Catalina." See:

macOS Catalina - Technical Specifications

Note that when you upgrade past Mojave 10.14, older 32-bit software like Microsoft Office 2011 no longer works. This tool can help you decide whether to upgrade to Mojave or Catalina.

https://www.stclairsoft.com/Go64/index.html

Links to Mojave and Catalina downloads are in this Apple article:

How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

Note that you MUST use Safari for the download. You must also backup your current install in case something goes wrong.

I see that my iMac Late 2013 can no longer accept an upgraded OS. Is that true?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.