Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow Internet after 15.3 update

Since I did the iOS 15.3, my iPhone and iPad will barely open a site in the browser. I have to turn wifi off and use cellular. Nothing changed with the Fios or router. Another family member has android and nothing has changed with his stuff.

I turned wifi off on both devices, turned them completely off, restarted and turned wifi back on. Anyone else having an issue?

Thanks

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 11:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 11:33 AM

Hello David New to Mac,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you’re having trouble with slow Wi-Fi on your iOS devices. We’re happy to help.

To start, lets see if clearing the history and cookies helps: Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the issue persists, try the steps in this article, including resetting network settings and checking for router updates: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Should the issue persist, contact Apple Support.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2022 11:33 AM in response to David New to Mac

Hello David New to Mac,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand you’re having trouble with slow Wi-Fi on your iOS devices. We’re happy to help.

To start, lets see if clearing the history and cookies helps: Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the issue persists, try the steps in this article, including resetting network settings and checking for router updates: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Should the issue persist, contact Apple Support.

Take care.

Mar 11, 2022 4:52 PM in response to bailier

Hello,

This is happening on both my and my wife’s phones and is more than a cookie or stale cache issue. I was only able to resolve it after disabling all new network privacy features.

After turning off all private network features my phone recovered and is working ok for the most part. My wife’s phone is still having issues but after disabling private Mac add, cross site tracking, private IP, and a bunch of other settings it seems to be better.. at least for now…. Some of these settings are getting “magically” re-enabled on their own..

I love you guys are trying to bring such a nice suit of security features.. but they really don’t work right yet.

And when security gets in the way of functionality people turn it off, effectively rendering it more useless than lesser but more functional security features.

Slow Internet after 15.3 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.