You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Macbook air for a Child

What is the best way to set the MacBook air for my student? I don't want my information coming through on their mac, but I do want to set up parental locks for them. Do I set up under their apple id or mine?

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 3:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 3:39 PM

Theirs: Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support. You can do that any time, even before buying the Mac.

Read it carefully.

You will also want to create an Administrator account for yourself on that Mac, to be used for your own purposes. Don't divulge its password.

Make sure that each family member has a unique Apple ID - Apple Support. This is important.

When you get the Mac, Help your child set up a Mac - Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 21, 2022 3:39 PM in response to dg7594

Theirs: Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support. You can do that any time, even before buying the Mac.

Read it carefully.

You will also want to create an Administrator account for yourself on that Mac, to be used for your own purposes. Don't divulge its password.

Make sure that each family member has a unique Apple ID - Apple Support. This is important.

When you get the Mac, Help your child set up a Mac - Apple Support.

New Macbook air for a Child

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.