Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I update my iPhone

How do I update my phone

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 21, 2022 6:08 PM

4 replies

Feb 21, 2022 6:37 PM in response to temidayo227

temidayo227 Said:

"How do I update my phone"

-------

Updating an iPhone:

Determining if an Update will Install:

How to do so...

A. Verify Compatibility:

Identify your iPhone model. The first thing that comes to mind in incompatibility being the culprit. So, confirm the model of your iPhone. If iPhone model is incompatible with iOS13 and/or iOS14 and/or iOS15 then it is because you iPhone does not meet the hardware requirements for this iOS version(s).

B. If Compatible...

1. Back Up First:

IMPORTANT: If you have an option to update, however, then be certain you backup your iPhone first. That way, you will have something to restore your iPhone from should anything go wrong with the update

then...

2. Proceed with the Update:

1. Use my User Tip:  Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

Feb 22, 2022 6:48 AM in response to temidayo227

Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.

Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.

If you see two software update options available, choose the one that you want to install.

Tap Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your pass code, then tap Install Now. If you don't know your pass code, learn what to do.

You might see that your device is up to date and that there's an upgrade available. For example, even if your device is up to date with the latest version of iOS 14, there might be an option to upgrade to iOS 15. You might want to upgrade iOS when you pair an accessory with iPhone.

How do I update my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.