Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wanting to delete mail account

Hi there,

I’m wanting to delete a mail account from the mail app but delete account doesn’t show up anymore since IOS 15. How do I delete a mail account?

thank you!!!

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 12:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2022 11:57 AM

If the you have a Configuration Profile for your email account you will need to delete the Profile, which will delete the email account. The instruction link for how to do this is below. The instructions read: Go to Settings> General> Profiles & Device Management - but on my old iPhone 8, (15.3.1) you want "VPN & Device Management." Once you remove the Profile, the mailbox will be gone from your device, and so will all your email. Hope that helps.

Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone - Apple Support

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2022 11:57 AM in response to AndrewFranco

If the you have a Configuration Profile for your email account you will need to delete the Profile, which will delete the email account. The instruction link for how to do this is below. The instructions read: Go to Settings> General> Profiles & Device Management - but on my old iPhone 8, (15.3.1) you want "VPN & Device Management." Once you remove the Profile, the mailbox will be gone from your device, and so will all your email. Hope that helps.

Mar 28, 2022 7:03 AM in response to Someonehelpme1111

If the you have a Configuration Profile for your email account you will need to delete the Profile, which will delete the email account. The link for instructions on how to do this is below. The instructions read: Go to Settings> General> Profiles & Device Management - but on my old iPhone 8, (15.3.1) you want "VPN & Device Management." Once you remove the Profile, the mailbox will be gone from your device and so will all your email, so consider backing up all your email first. If your email is stored on a server and you reinstall your email on a device you should be able to recover the email stored on that server. Hope that helps.

Wanting to delete mail account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.