Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud storage subscriptions

Hi all!

So I have the Family Sharing setup with myself and 3 family members. I am the "owner" of the Family. I am paying for Apple One Family and I'm sharing Apple Music and Apple TV+ with the family members, but currently I am NOT sharing the 200GB iCloud Storage.

Currently the other 3 family members each have their own iCloud Storage (a 200Gb and 2 x 50GB) which I am paying for. I'm from the UK and that's costing me £2.49 + 79p + 79p = £4.07pm for their 300GB of storage in total.

So I have several questions...

Am I able to upgrade my iCloud Storage from 200GB to 2TB, even though I'm subscribing to the Apple One Family plan which only includes 200GB as standard? And if so, what is the cost implication of doing that?

If it's possible, and I do upgrade the Apple One Family plan iCloud storage from 200GB to 2TB, am I then able to share that 2TB of storage with those family members? Obviously 2TB would more than cover all 4 of us, as collectively we currently only use 500GB.

And if I can share it with them, do I then have to manually cancel the payments for their individual iCloud storage plans they're currently on, or does it automatically cancel the payments as they will no longer be using their individual iCloud storage plans?

Cheers,

Phil

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 9:17 AM

See the following from What happens to your iCloud storage when you sign up for Apple One - Apple Support

After you subscribe to Apple One, you can buy more iCloud storage if you need more. With both Apple One and an iCloud+ plan, you can have up to 4TB of total iCloud storage.

(Sorry, I haven't done that and can't give you any more details about it)

Regarding the other questions, you can share a 2TB plan and they do not need to cancel their plans -- that will happen automatically if they choose to switch to the shared plan.

See the following from Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

When you share iCloud+, any family members using the free 5GB plan are added to your family plan automatically.

If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud+ plan, they can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain part of the family. When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2022 9:17 AM in response to Sleeplyhead1978

See the following from What happens to your iCloud storage when you sign up for Apple One - Apple Support

After you subscribe to Apple One, you can buy more iCloud storage if you need more. With both Apple One and an iCloud+ plan, you can have up to 4TB of total iCloud storage.

(Sorry, I haven't done that and can't give you any more details about it)

Regarding the other questions, you can share a 2TB plan and they do not need to cancel their plans -- that will happen automatically if they choose to switch to the shared plan.

See the following from Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

When you share iCloud+, any family members using the free 5GB plan are added to your family plan automatically.

If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud+ plan, they can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain part of the family. When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time.

Feb 22, 2022 11:30 AM in response to FoxFifth

Many thanks! I've checked out those links and they've helped me understand it a bit more.

A quick follow up question, do you happen to know if once on the Apple One Family plan, is the only way to increase the amount of iCloud storage by purchasing iCloud+ (either 50GB, 200Gb or 2TB)? Therefore making the total iCloud storage for one account either 250GB, 400GB or 2.2TB (depending on how much you buy of course).

icloud storage subscriptions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.