Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie won't install

I'd like a compatible version of iMovie on my MacBook Pro. It was deleted and now when I try to reinstall, the app wrote version isn't compatible with my Mac. Ihave iOS version 10.15.7 Catalina and my. MacBook Pro won't upgrade any higher.

Help please!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 9:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 12:22 PM

Try this procedure to obtain the highest iMovie 10 version that Catalina will run:

To update/redownload iMovie 10, sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2022 12:22 PM in response to legacy-user108

Try this procedure to obtain the highest iMovie 10 version that Catalina will run:

To update/redownload iMovie 10, sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there.

-- Rich

iMovie won't install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.