You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to find model # on a non-working macbook pro. I have serial #

I have an older laptop (mid 2009) that will not boot up. I know the Serial number but need to know the model number so I can order a new hard drive. Apple used to have a place to enter the serial number that would show the specs on the computer

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 10:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 12:37 PM

https://support.apple.com/specs/macnotebooks

Search for your Mac by serial here. You will find the configuration types it was produced with

4 replies

Feb 22, 2022 12:34 PM in response to max1demian

I already know the serial number from the bottom of the laptop. I need to know more details about the processor speed, macbookpro model number (like 5,1; 5,2: 5,3), etc. The hard drive is out so it will not start up.

"Like I said above"... I already have the serial number from the bottom. I need to know where I can go on the internet to enter the serial number and learn the other specs about the laptop.

How to find model # on a non-working macbook pro. I have serial #

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.