Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t send iMessages to some contacts from my New iPad.

I recently got a new iPad and some of my contacts are not receiving my iMessages. I think they have Android phones. I can still text them from my iPhone. I never had this problem with my old iPad. Has something changed?

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 10:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 1:14 PM

If your iPad is new, you're going to have to associate it with your iPhone in order to message people who do not use iMessage (i.e. people with Android phones.

On your iPhone, go to Settings>Messages>Text Message Forwarding and select your new iPad. Follow the prompts.

See here for more information:

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2022 1:14 PM in response to noniSF

If your iPad is new, you're going to have to associate it with your iPhone in order to message people who do not use iMessage (i.e. people with Android phones.

On your iPhone, go to Settings>Messages>Text Message Forwarding and select your new iPad. Follow the prompts.

See here for more information:

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

Can’t send iMessages to some contacts from my New iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.