Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I unlink someone who , unknowingly to me, linked his phone to mine and can read my texts

How do I unlink someone who, against my knowledge, had his phone linked to mine and can read my texts & emails?

Also, is this not a crime?

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 6:25 PM

6 replies

Feb 22, 2022 7:53 PM in response to Goldenchildren

You’re told it’s happening, but is there evidence of this actually happening?

Wouldn’t be the first time that somebody lied, after all.

That written, here’s some Apple-provided reading material for you:

https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1976/en_US/device-and-data-access-when-personal-safety-is-at-risk.pdf

I wouldn’t change Apple ID, but I would clean up passwords and security more generally, and would get two-factor authentication enabled if not already, verify the Apple ID trusted accounts and telephone numbers and devices, and change the PIN on your cellular provider account.

Feb 22, 2022 7:27 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

When he lived here, they were linked and my texts showed up on his iPad. Maybe that’s not linked, I really don’t know what or how. But I assumed when accounts , and living arrangements, were separated that would no longer be possible. But I’m told it’s happening, and no one I’ve asked can figure out how. Police ran it and found no spyware.

Feb 22, 2022 7:35 PM in response to Goldenchildren

If you were sharing an Apple ID, then allowed for Text Message forwarding, that may have been a possibility, however, changing your Apple ID password would have fixed that, unless you were using a 3rd party messaging app. Changing your Apple is going to cause you more trouble due to any and all content that you have downloaded to your device is locked to your former Apple ID.

How do I unlink someone who , unknowingly to me, linked his phone to mine and can read my texts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.