Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my wifi symbol missing from my iphone even though the phone is connected to wifi?i

While my wifi symbol has been absent from the top of the screen (as pictured), I tried turning off my cellular data and was still able to load webpages I had never been on. I only noticed it when the internet provider said it had an outage. Since then, the outage was fixed four hours ago, but the wifi symbol never reappeared. I wonder if it is because I updated my iOS earlier today.

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 8:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 9:03 PM

camille150 Said:

"Why is my wifi symbol missing from my iphone even though the phone is connected to wifi?i[...] I wonder if it is because I updated my iOS earlier today."

-------

Start with a Restart:

Having just updates, restart the iPhone. See if all is set.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2022 9:03 PM in response to camille150

camille150 Said:

"Why is my wifi symbol missing from my iphone even though the phone is connected to wifi?i[...] I wonder if it is because I updated my iOS earlier today."

-------

Start with a Restart:

Having just updates, restart the iPhone. See if all is set.

Feb 22, 2022 9:09 PM in response to camille150

camille150 wrote:

I was wondering that also! I also have NordVPN, which is normally turned on, but I can’t turn it on. In settings, the google switch kept flickering on and off when I tried to turn it on.

The icon in question is not from Apple, so you must have something installed. But what, you need to find out.

Why is my wifi symbol missing from my iphone even though the phone is connected to wifi?i

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.