Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Breathe App - Recovering and reinstalling it.

I deleted the Breathe App from my Apple Watch some time ago. I want to reinstall it. I have followed the advice found on this site. They say to find the App in the App Store on the Watch. They say that the Breathe App is a long way down in the list of Apps you will be presented with. I have been through the list two times, from top to bottom and I have not come across Breathe. Has breathe been removed from the App Store? Has Breathe been replaced by another App with a different name?

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 8

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 11:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 5:55 PM

Hi bwanafolodi, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you are looking to reinstall the Breath app.

The Breath app has been renamed to Mindfulness.

Starting a Reflect or Breathe session requires the Mindfulness app.

You can use the article below as a reference.

Use Apple Watch to practice mindfulness

Take care!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2022 5:55 PM in response to bwanafolodi

Hi bwanafolodi, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you are looking to reinstall the Breath app.

The Breath app has been renamed to Mindfulness.

Starting a Reflect or Breathe session requires the Mindfulness app.

You can use the article below as a reference.

Use Apple Watch to practice mindfulness

Take care!

Feb 24, 2022 10:41 AM in response to bwanafolodi

bwanafolodi,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

Have you had the chance to unpair the devices, then pair them back again?

Below are some articles to guide you through the process.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch

Set up your Apple Watch

If the issue persists after trying these steps, we recommend that you reach out to us here so we can take a closer look into the issue: Get Support

Take care!

Feb 24, 2022 1:39 AM in response to kamote0628

Thanks kamote0628.

Your response is much appreciated.

I have located the Mindfulness App. I am having trouble after I click on GET. First it wants me to create an Access Code (4 digits). Did this. Then it wants my Apple ID. Did this. Now I am nowhere - the App isn't installing like I am used to. I have done this two times now and nothing seems to have installed (the App Mindfulness has not appeared on the list.

Regards bwanafolodi,

PS: Part of the problem is when putting in my Apple ID (password, I think its called) when it is requested- on the watch the input is by what I call a scratch pad & it's almost impossible to put/get a capital "I" (it keeps guessing "L"). Once you have done a character it quickly changes to a dot. So from that point on you can't really tell for sure what you have entered (there is no little eye icon to click and reveal what it is you have input. The fact that I am being taken on this route (which is in my experience not normal) makes me wonder if there is something going wrong.

Mar 11, 2022 9:11 AM in response to kamote0628

I subcribed to Apple One about the same time the Apple Watch OS did an update and noticed that my Breathe app had disappeared. The Midnfulness app appeared and I wondered if it replaced my favorite Breathe app.

Problem is, I absolutely loved the flow of movement and "breathing" pattern of the aqua/green flower icon on the Breathe app. The Breathe icon was beautiful. It helped me feel relaxed and focus on something outside of any stress I was feeling.

I really don't enjoy (actually can't stand) the new icon used for Mindfullness. The icon doesn't even come close to comparing with the serene feeling of the Breathe icon. Even worse, the movement is not symmetrical, it starts and ends with a light that is too intense for my eyes, and all of that interferes with my ability to tune-in to the app and relax.

Bottom line, I don't like the Mindfulness icon and the sequence of motion and want the Breathe version back! Hope you can help and maybe let Apple know. Anything you could suggest would be much appreciated!

Kind aloha,

mauimoz

Mar 13, 2022 3:14 AM in response to bwanafolodi

I'm not really interested in unpairing & erasing my Apple Watch and then setting it all up again. I had to do this some time back and i was in limbo for about a week trying to follow the instructions to unpair and erase. Then it took me the bast part of a day to set up the Apple Watch again. In the interim I lost the data from the time of unpairing & erasing until I got the Apple Watch set up again. I don't want to go there again in a hurry. Surely there must be a simple way to install an App that has been deleted ?

Breathe App - Recovering and reinstalling it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.