You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magsafe 3 not connecting - what do you do?

I got this 2021 MacBook Pro in December of 21. The Magsafe 3 connector has been entirely inconsistent - often taking ten attempts to get the light to come on when connected - sometimes never at all. I have actually purchased an additional USB-C to Magsafe 3 cable - it will not connect at all. How are you dealing with this?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 7:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 7:53 AM

pbc242 wrote:

I got this 2021 MacBook Pro in December of 21. The Magsafe 3 connector has been entirely inconsistent - often taking ten attempts to get the light to come on when connected - sometimes never at all. I have actually purchased an additional USB-C to Magsafe 3 cable - it will not connect at all. How are you dealing with this?

Try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

If your MagSafe cable or power adapter isn't working

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 23, 2022 7:53 AM in response to pbc242

pbc242 wrote:

Try a SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

If your MagSafe cable or power adapter isn't working

Feb 23, 2022 9:01 AM in response to pbc242

pbc242 wrote:

leroydouglas - thank you - I will give it a try. It seems to me to be a hardware issue since I cannot get one cable to respond at all. The problem started immediately upon receipt of the MacBook Pro. But hopefully I can get some helpful info from the Safe Mode action. The second link (If your MagSafe cable or power adaptor isn't working) was no help at all.

Both MagSafe & cables, plus the machine— all covered by hardware warranty... if you need to pursue it further.

call  AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

See your coverage

https://support.apple.com/my-support

Feb 23, 2022 8:42 AM in response to leroydouglas

leroydouglas - thank you - I will give it a try. It seems to me to be a hardware issue since I cannot get one cable to respond at all. The problem started immediately upon receipt of the MacBook Pro. But hopefully I can get some helpful info from the Safe Mode action. The second link (If your MagSafe cable or power adaptor isn't working) was no help at all.

Magsafe 3 not connecting - what do you do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.