Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Focus mode - select contact groups

I want to know how to set up 2 different focus schedules, each of which blocks notifications from a whole contact group and not only from individual contacts. E.g., 8am-5pm, block "friends" and "family" contact groups; 5pm-8am block "work" contact groups. With hundreds of contacts, it's not feasible to do this per person, which is the only method the current Focus app allows.

Is this something the focus app can do via a workaround, or is there some 3rd party app with this function? The new "personal focus" and "work focus" options are a move in the right direction, but they are designed to only allow a few people, and don't work for whole swaths of contacts.

I've got 5 work contact groups and 6 personal contact groups, so an "allow 1 group only" or "block 1 group only" option wouldn't be sufficient.

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 8:59 AM

You're best bet at this time would be to provide feedback to Apple that you would like to see this feature. It is not possible at this time, and I'm not aware that there would be a 3rd party app that could have access to the Focus app to manage the list of contacts you could block or allow access to. Feedback would go to Feedback - iPhone - Apple

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2022 8:59 AM in response to DC-slam

You're best bet at this time would be to provide feedback to Apple that you would like to see this feature. It is not possible at this time, and I'm not aware that there would be a 3rd party app that could have access to the Focus app to manage the list of contacts you could block or allow access to. Feedback would go to Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Focus mode - select contact groups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.