Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari is not opening Amazon.com (Feb 23, 2022)

Safari is not "opening" a "working version" of Amazon.com. Amazon appears to be a cache image; I cannot type in the search field and no images can be clicked including the login button.

I have followed all the Apple advice about Websites that won't open, including trying a private window, creating a new network location, etc. I have also cleared my history and reset the router.

Amazon.com is working fine on my ipad and iphone but not on my MacBook Pro. Other websites work fine on my laptop; I did download Chrome and Amazon works fine in Chrome, I just prefer to use apple products as they generally work better together I like to limit 3rd Party apps.

Any other ideas on how to fix a website that won't open would be appreciated?

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 9:08 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Feb 23, 2022 4:58 PM in response to free2worship

The problem seems to be related to Java.

When I go to Safari>Preferences>Security and uncheck "Webcontent_Enable JavaScript" then Amazon.com opens successfully.

I thought I might update Java but when I went to Java.com I got the message shown in the attached image. I'm going to leave Java off for the time being, perhaps it is no longer needed.

Feb 23, 2022 7:50 PM in response to free2worship

Oracle/Java.com became available but unfortunately the Java update (Java 8 Update 321) did not fix the problem I am having with Amazon not opening in Safari. I installed the Java update, but I can still only get Amazon.com to work in Safari by disabling Java in Safari>Preferences>Security.

This is a bit frustrating because many other websites need Java enabled (such as the Apple Community, for example). It would be nice to know where the problem lies... in Safari, Amazon.com, or perhaps an OS X issue.

I am running OS X Big Sur 11.6.4 (due to some audio plug-ins that are not yet compatible with Monterey). I have however, done all other software updates, including Safari 15.3. Perhaps there is some incompatibility between Big Sur and Safari 15.3?

I will continue to enable/disable Java, or use Google Chrome as needed until this can be resolved.

P.S. I also tried adding https://www.amazon.com as an exception in Java Security but that did not help either.

Safari is not opening Amazon.com (Feb 23, 2022)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.