Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue regarding keyboard contact to Mac

I have had serious issues regarding access to my Mac Catalina. When I saw the post I was optimistic that the issue regarding input from the keyboard was sorted in an update to Catalina. Well, I am now one version 10.16.7, and the issue keeps reoccurring. Initially I thought that my Magic keyboard was at fault. This issue seems fairly recent, so why is it not being rectified? Is there some fudge that I can use when logging out to remove the data from or reseting the NVRAM and/or PRAM? Using a wireless keyboard makes log in to the Mac impossible - I have had to go to and purchase a USB keyboard. Use of the 5 simultaneous key presses causes me problems through hand stretch issues. I am starting to seriously consider my options, maybe Linux?

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 12:41 PM

Have you tried deleting your keyboard from bluetooth and re-adding it.https://macreports.com/fix-bluetooth-problems-in-macos-catalina/If you click on the bluetooth menu, top right while holding down the Option and Shift keys and going to debug . You can reset the Bluetooth module.

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 24, 2022 3:20 AM in response to mhb_74

No Issues using Apple Bluetooth Keyboard on Catalina with all Security Updates then upgraded to Big Sur some time ago and recently to Monterey all with the same Apple Bluetooth Keyboard.

Interesting or maybe typo but Catalina is version 10.15.7 and not 10.16.7

1 - Suggest restarting in Safe Mode. This will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. The boot up will be slow and can take some time - Normal.

2 - Does the issue present in this mode ?

3 - If not - there could be something in the main User Account playing up. To further isolate this - Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac. Then log out of the Main User account and log into the dummy account and test again if the issue persists.

4 - If the issue is present in the dummy account - then this appears to be a System Wide issue.

5 - Suggest downloading the Application Etrecheck directly from a well Respected ASC Contributor. And Safe to use.

The application is free or paid from added features. 

Run the application with Full Disc Access ( Security & Privacy - Full Disc Access ).

It will take a Snap Shot -  both the hardware and software.

The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. 

Post back the Full Report - copy and paste - using the Additional Text Icon ( 3rd Icon to last )

We can have a look at the report for possible issues and may have possible suggestions to resolve the issues.

Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS, alter, modify, remove or delete or attempt to do so is an invitation for disaster and may require a Reinstallation of the OS.

This includes AntiVirus, Disk Cleaners, Disk Optimizes, UnInstaller etc.

This will include CleanMyMac , This will include BitDefender

This will included Norton Antivirus , Sophos Av Software

Intego AntiVirus, McAfee, MacKeeper, Avast AntiVirus

Ad Guard, Webroot

The The Built in Security  is all that is required.

Issue regarding keyboard contact to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.