Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i transfer all my things from my broken iphone

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 4:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 5:23 PM

amaron289 wrote:

I have back up on but don’t know how to transfer it over

If you have backup turned on in the new phone, that will not help you with setting the phone up. That will create backups of the data on the new phone so by all means, leave it turned on.

If you have an iCloud backup of the old phone, this will explain how to set up the new phone.

Use iCloud to transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2022 5:23 PM in response to amaron289

amaron289 wrote:

I have back up on but don’t know how to transfer it over

If you have backup turned on in the new phone, that will not help you with setting the phone up. That will create backups of the data on the new phone so by all means, leave it turned on.

If you have an iCloud backup of the old phone, this will explain how to set up the new phone.

Use iCloud to transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Feb 23, 2022 4:56 PM in response to amaron289

If you don’t have a backup that was created before the phone broke, it is too late to transfer the content of the old phone now. You will be able to sync content from iCloud when you set up the new phone if you were syncing content with iCloud on the old phone, but other than that, you will be starting all over again.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.