You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to update my macbook air to mac monterey. I reset my password and it still is not letting me in.

How do I update my macbook air to Monterey?

MacBook Air 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 7:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 5:43 AM

Confirm you are using the password for that Apple ID. For example, the upgrade is not asking for your Mac's login password, which can be different.

To verify your Apple ID credentials are in fact correct, log in using them here: https://appleid.apple.com/

Then, confirm you are signed in to iCloud on that Mac. using those same credentials. (Apple menu) > System Preferences... > Apple ID > Password & Security. If in doubt, click Overview then Sign Out...

Sign in again using your Apple ID and its password. That should do it.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 24, 2022 5:43 AM in response to Kirakk25

Confirm you are using the password for that Apple ID. For example, the upgrade is not asking for your Mac's login password, which can be different.

To verify your Apple ID credentials are in fact correct, log in using them here: https://appleid.apple.com/

Then, confirm you are signed in to iCloud on that Mac. using those same credentials. (Apple menu) > System Preferences... > Apple ID > Password & Security. If in doubt, click Overview then Sign Out...

Sign in again using your Apple ID and its password. That should do it.

I am trying to update my macbook air to mac monterey. I reset my password and it still is not letting me in.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.