Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get it ultra wide band? Is it something I have to install or is it directly in my iPhone with iOS15 update? I’m confused I just really want to figure out how to set it up or get started with it! I guess I’m just kinda excited as well Lol

How do I get it ultra wide band? Is it something I have to install or is it directly in my iPhone with iOS15 update? I’m confused I just really want to figure out how to set it up or get started with it! I guess I’m just kinda excited as well Lol

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 8:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 8:50 PM

There is nothing that you have to do. UWB is available with the iPhone 11, 12 and 13. It is not available in some regions and they are listed here 👉 Ultra Wideband availability . This is a hardware and software related function and you appear to have it.

Axel F.

2 replies

Feb 23, 2022 8:55 PM in response to Haileymoney330

As this article says:

Ultra Wideband availability - Apple Support

Ultra Wideband information - Apple Support

"Ultra Wideband is available on iPhone 11, iPhone 12, and iPhone 13 models. Ultra Wideband isn't available in all countries or regions and is subject to international regulatory requirements that require it to be turned off in certain locations. When use of Ultra Wideband is prohibited in your region, such as while traveling in aircraft, Ultra Wideband can be turned off by turning on airplane mode."

There is nothing you need to do to enable it. If an ultra midband transmitter is available, your iPhone will use it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.