Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am having difficulties installing the latest version update on my iphone

I am having a difficult time updating my iphone11. At first it said my storage was full and I went ahead and deleted apps until I have enough storage for the update and I went ahead and tried it again it started doing so and then it gave me the message of not enough storage again.

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2022 12:22 PM

The best way to do an iOS update is via a computer - a PC with iTunes or a Mac (at least current versions) using Finder. Those require considerably less free storage on the iPhone. They will use the storage on the computer to unpack everything and then send it via a Lightning cable. It's also the only practical way to recover if there is ever any corruption, as it can rebuild the entire operating system from scratch.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the Finder - Apple Support

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes - Apple Support

It also updates using a complete package, while iOS updates with the device alone can be incremental with only the subset of components for that update.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2022 12:22 PM in response to AT911

The best way to do an iOS update is via a computer - a PC with iTunes or a Mac (at least current versions) using Finder. Those require considerably less free storage on the iPhone. They will use the storage on the computer to unpack everything and then send it via a Lightning cable. It's also the only practical way to recover if there is ever any corruption, as it can rebuild the entire operating system from scratch.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the Finder - Apple Support

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes - Apple Support

It also updates using a complete package, while iOS updates with the device alone can be incremental with only the subset of components for that update.

I am having difficulties installing the latest version update on my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.