Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting an attachments in an existing calendar entry with an attachment fails - no drop attachment icon available

The "Delete an attachment" feature is not working on a 2019+ MacBook Air bought in 2021 running macOS version 11.6.1 in February 2022 - this is contrary behaviour to what is documented in Apple Support documentation online in the same period.

Within the Calendar application, after double clicking on an existing calendar entry with an attachment (e.g. an mp3 file), there is no "delete" icon or "delete attachment" option within any dropdown list available next to the attachment visible for use to remove the attachment. What is visible next to the attachment name is a drop-down list with options that include Open, Open With, etc... (but not Delete).

For reference, this is the related Apple documentation (retrieved from the Web on Feb 25, 2022) Attach files to a calendar event on iCloud.com - Apple Support (CA)

The workaround is to delete the calendar entry and recreate the calendar entry without the attachment.

This problem is reproducible with another .mp3 file and with a .jpg file.

Note: I suspect some unusual configuration or issues on this MacBook Air - this is not a straight out of the box scenario.

Does anyone else have this issue?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 12:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 12:55 AM

Click on the attachment and hit the delete key.

Similar questions

4 replies

Feb 25, 2022 1:24 AM in response to picas

Hi,

Thank you!

Upon reflection, I note though that your answer seems really obvious, but....(just a thought) if I am in a graphical user interface and navigating using the visual interface by clicking through objects, it seems a bit non-intuitive to use the keyboard as part of that user-flow. It felt a bit like a dead-end in my navigation... <:)

Maybe cognitively, one does, could or might consider the graphical UI flow as one user navigation control flow, the keyboard and short-cut commands as a second user flow, and voice commands as a third user flow. When there is an interruption in the flow I was in, it is great to not et stuck or frustrated and to remember to use (try this, try that, etc... And be sure to look at other menu options, key commands that are functionality of other types of flows!

One day maybe....the Delete option can be added to the drop-down list next to the attachment one day...Understandably that is probably *very very rarely* used in comparison to "Open" and "Open with". So not super relevant at all overall....

Thank you again...

Familiarizing myself with, learning, and using with gratitude and thanks!

G

Deleting an attachments in an existing calendar entry with an attachment fails - no drop attachment icon available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.