Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does pandora use data while streaming on ipad

I listen to pandora on my iPad, is it using cell phone data?

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 5:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 9:31 AM

My iPad is wi-fi only so I can't check this on my iPad but I believe it is the same as the following on my iPhone. Go to Settings > Cellular and review the information in the Cellular Data section. It shows which apps are turned on to use cellular data and how much data they have used since the last time you reset the statistics. Note that even if an app is turned on for cellular there, it should not use cellular when wi-fi is available. The usage numbers in fine print under each app name should give you an idea of what has been using your data. Also, you may want to scroll to the bottom and tap "Reset statistics" to clear all of the numbers and then wait a few days or longer so you can review what is happening currently if the numbers have never been reset or if it has been a long time.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2022 9:31 AM in response to flo1008

My iPad is wi-fi only so I can't check this on my iPad but I believe it is the same as the following on my iPhone. Go to Settings > Cellular and review the information in the Cellular Data section. It shows which apps are turned on to use cellular data and how much data they have used since the last time you reset the statistics. Note that even if an app is turned on for cellular there, it should not use cellular when wi-fi is available. The usage numbers in fine print under each app name should give you an idea of what has been using your data. Also, you may want to scroll to the bottom and tap "Reset statistics" to clear all of the numbers and then wait a few days or longer so you can review what is happening currently if the numbers have never been reset or if it has been a long time.

Feb 25, 2022 9:35 AM in response to flo1008

flo1008 wrote:

My iPad is always connected to Wi-Fi. Will I use less data if I use pandora on my iPad instead of my iPhone?

I'm confused -- I thought you were asking about using Pandora on your iPad. See your original question: "I listen to pandora on my iPad, is it using cell phone data?"

Is your iPad a Wi-Fi plus Cellular model?

Are you using your phone as a hotspot to supply wi-fi to the iPad?

does pandora use data while streaming on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.