Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 13 pro, shadow on screen

Hi,

I have recently bought my new iPhone 13 Pro and noticed that my display has weird shadow on 90% of the display.

It seems like a software bug since it disappears when I restart my phone but then immediately shows back.

Is this a known issue?

(IOS 15.3.1)

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 5:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 12:19 PM

Hi jdo_apple,

Thank you for the response.

The opaque is visible at all time and does not related to the background.

See the top part of screen which as you can see is significantly lighter than the rest of the screen.

(See attached image from safari)

I have noticed that after iPhone restart the opaque is not visible until I lock my phone.

Thank you.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2022 12:19 PM in response to jdo_apple

Hi jdo_apple,

Thank you for the response.

The opaque is visible at all time and does not related to the background.

See the top part of screen which as you can see is significantly lighter than the rest of the screen.

(See attached image from safari)

I have noticed that after iPhone restart the opaque is not visible until I lock my phone.

Thank you.

Feb 27, 2022 7:08 AM in response to bailier

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

The phone restart is a temporary fix but as soon as the iPhone is locked and the display is off the next time I will view the screen the “shadow”/opaque will appear.

True tone is disabled, auto brightness is disabled also.

This is happening since I have bought my phone which is couple of days ago.

I cannot confirm if this is iOS problem because I have transferred my data from my old iPhone and had to update to the latest iOS (15.3.1) for the transfer operation.

Feb 26, 2022 10:15 AM in response to bot-net

Hello there bot-net,

Thanks for posting here on the Apple Support Communities! This is a place where other Apple users can submit questions or respond to others to help lend a hand. Let's take a closer look as we do our best to provide some additional insight.

To get started, can you describe exactly what you mean by a shadow? In the image you're showing us, the background is partially opaque so it's normal part of the background and apps to still show through.

Otherwise, does the same thing happen on any solid white or black screens at all or in other specific apps?

In the meantime, take a look at these resources to check for any settings that may be related to what you're seeing:

Adjust the brightness and color temperature on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Use Night Shift on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

We hope this helps get you pointed in the right direction.

Take care.

Mar 1, 2022 7:12 AM in response to bot-net

Hello bot-net,

From here you may have a few different options. However, before we continue, be sure to create an updated backup of your data: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

From here, you can contact Apple Support directly to help report this issue: Get Help - Apple Support or consider restoring your iPhone like new and testing to see if the same thing happens without restoring any of your data. This can help tell you for sure if this is a hardware issue that would require service for your iPhone, or a software issue that could have happened after restoring your backup.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

We wish you the best of luck!

Take care.

Feb 27, 2022 6:41 AM in response to bot-net

Hey there bot-net,

Thanks for the follow up! We can definitely see what you're referring to across the top. At first glance, it almost looks like an intermittent software issue, but we'd definitely want to take a close look since you mentioned how a restart will fix it temporarily.

Next, did you have a chance to ensure software features like True Tone and other screen tone adjustments are disabled using the resources we linked before?

Otherwise, how long has this been happening? Did it happen before or after the last iOS software update for example?

Certainly keep us posted, we’re here for you every step of the way!

Cheers.

Iphone 13 pro, shadow on screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.