Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any ideas how to remove scratches?

Within few months later, with my new iPhone, there wasn’t a scratch. Within few days, unexpectedly there have been small scratches on the screen? I do make sure I was very careful as i paid an expensive price for it, well by monthly. This is utterly disappointing… anybody having this issue? Screen protector… can’t buy any of those atm I’m broke lmao 😮‍💨

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 7:15 AM

If you tried to polish out scratches you would remove a lot of the oleophobic coating and it would look awful.

You can get glass screen protectors in many supermarkets and websites for $2.

Get one with a notch if your phone has one.

3 replies

Feb 26, 2022 7:27 AM in response to Community User

To prevent scratches on your phone in the first place, it’s best to get a screen protector.

i’ve seen tests done between $1, $10, and $80 screen protectors, and the cost can make a MAJOR difference. The more expensive being more protective in most cases. A screen protector doesn’t have to be expensive to work well though.

even the cheapest ones can make a night and day difference. Just make sure you read the reviews.

and for the best fit, make sure you buy one that is specific to your model of iPhone.

Feb 26, 2022 7:40 AM in response to AlexDaMan

Even cheap ones cannot let scratches get through them.

They tend to chip at the edges so I am happy to replace them every 6 months at that price.

Dry fit them and run scotch tape down one side.

Open at the tape "hinge", Wipe the screen, remove the backing, gently drop the protector into place. Easy, and no bubbles usually.

Any ideas how to remove scratches?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.