Related Article: What to do before you sell, give away, trade in, or recycle your Mac

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchase Date

How do I find out when I purchased my used Mac

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 10:31 AM

I am assuming that you purchased this used MacBook Air directly from Apple ... correct?

If so, enter the notebook's serial number into this Apple Support site: Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

Note that this link does not actually provide the device's purchase date. However, it does provide an Estimated Expiration Date" for when the support coverage will end … which, of course, you can work backwards from to get a date "close enough" for when it was purchased.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2022 10:31 AM in response to CynTheaDawn

I am assuming that you purchased this used MacBook Air directly from Apple ... correct?

If so, enter the notebook's serial number into this Apple Support site: Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

Note that this link does not actually provide the device's purchase date. However, it does provide an Estimated Expiration Date" for when the support coverage will end … which, of course, you can work backwards from to get a date "close enough" for when it was purchased.

Purchase Date

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.