Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods keep doing weird things; disconnecting etc.

Hey, so I’ve had my AirPods for a year now (gen 1) and I’ve started experiencing weird things like popping sounds in my left airpods, then randomly not playing sound on the left airpod. It helps when I restart my airpods, but at this point I have to do it every 10 minutes. Sometimes restarting doesn’t even work. I just thought maybe someone could help me, because this bothers me quite a lot.

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 2:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 10:20 PM

eveliina195 Said:

"Airpods keep doing weird things; disconnecting etc.: Hey, so I’ve had my AirPods for a year now (gen 1) and I’ve started experiencing weird things like popping sounds in my left airpods, then randomly not playing sound on the left airpod. It helps when I restart my airpods, but at this point I have to do it every 10 minutes. Sometimes restarting doesn’t even work. I just thought maybe someone could help me, because this bothers me quite a lot."

-------

Restart a couple of times.

Why the Issue?

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2022 10:20 PM in response to eveliina195

eveliina195 Said:

"Airpods keep doing weird things; disconnecting etc.: Hey, so I’ve had my AirPods for a year now (gen 1) and I’ve started experiencing weird things like popping sounds in my left airpods, then randomly not playing sound on the left airpod. It helps when I restart my airpods, but at this point I have to do it every 10 minutes. Sometimes restarting doesn’t even work. I just thought maybe someone could help me, because this bothers me quite a lot."

-------

Restart a couple of times.

Why the Issue?

Mar 3, 2022 4:55 AM in response to eveliina195

You are welcome. See if the following helps…

Troubleshooting AirPod Charge:

A. Always have a Full-Charge: Charge your AirPods with Charging Case and Learn About Battery Life - Apple Support.

B. Visit Apple Support links:

C. Verify the Balance:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Accessibility
  4. Scroll Down: to Hearing
  5. Adjust: the audio volume balance

D. Also, Clear Out Earwax: How to clean your AirPods and EarPods - Apple Support

See more below: below.

Mar 3, 2022 4:54 AM in response to eveliina195

Continued from above.

You are welcome. See if the following helps…

Troubleshooting AirPods Connectivity:

Start by wiggling it in your ear. No success? If so, refer to the following...

Troubleshooting AirPod Connectivity:

A Few Thoughts to Try:

A. Visit Apple Support links:

B. Verify the Balance:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Accessibility
  4. Scroll Down: to Hearing
  5. Adjust: the audio volume balance

C. Also, Clear Out Earwax:

How to Clean your AirPods and EarPods - Apple Support

Mar 3, 2022 4:15 AM in response to TheLittles

Hey, thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I’ve done all of those things and the problem is still there. It feels like the problem is in the left airpod. It feels like the left airpod doesn’t recognise when it’s in the ear. It still charges in the case, but when i take it out (the left airpod) my phone doesn’t see the airpod. I’m sorry if this is too complicated…

Airpods keep doing weird things; disconnecting etc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.