Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voicemail greeting

Voicemail greeting how do I change the outgoing greeting in voicemail on my iPhone 12 pro I’ve tried everything that’s suggested and I keep getting reading error code it will not erase the greeting default message and it will not record the outgoing greeting for voicemail I don’t understand I already have the Wi-Fi on and cellular data off I’ve cleared all the voicemails deleted voicemails all of it suggestions please !!!!

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 3:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2022 12:31 AM

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities.

See: Check your voicemail on iPhone - Apple Support.

Fore more help, contact your carrier: Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support.

Jack

2 replies

Feb 26, 2022 2:01 AM in response to LadyCoco

The voicemail settings are controlled by the carrier, so check via Google or contact your carrier.

When you call your voicemail box xxxx, listen to the main menu/options.

An example how it works with my carrier:

Call xxxx and press 11 for the main menu. Choose 2 for the personal settings of your voicemail. Choose 3 for PIN code and choose a 4 digit code. You can also change your pin code here and indicate when your voicemail should ask for the pin code.

FYI: if you enter an incorrect code 3 times and you will receive a temporary code via SMS. You can change that later.

Voicemail greeting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.