Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 8plus

I bought an iphone 8plus from somebody i dont know and i didnt know it would be locked how do i unlock it or did i lose my money

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 5:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2022 5:35 PM

Assuming the seller has disappeared as is typical for these sorts of sales and these questions, yes, you lost your money.

You will have no means to bypass the theft-deterrent Activation Lock mechanism, Apple won’t bypass it without proof of original purchase showing the serial number or IMEI, and which means you’re left to recycle this iPhone.

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a used iPad/iPhone - Apple Community

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2022 5:35 PM in response to Kensleemae_13

Assuming the seller has disappeared as is typical for these sorts of sales and these questions, yes, you lost your money.

You will have no means to bypass the theft-deterrent Activation Lock mechanism, Apple won’t bypass it without proof of original purchase showing the serial number or IMEI, and which means you’re left to recycle this iPhone.

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a used iPad/iPhone - Apple Community

Feb 25, 2022 6:25 PM in response to Kensleemae_13

Kensleemae_13 wrote:

I have a receipt and IMEI

If you have the original purchase receipt from Apple or from an authorized reseller showing the IMEI or serial number, then contact Apple Support.

If you have the purchase receipt from the sale where you acquired this iPhone, or any other intermediate sale, or if have the IMEI, or the serial number, that won’t sufficiently prove ownership per the requirements that Apple uses.

Tap or click ➡️ The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a used iPad/iPhone - Apple Community

Iphone 8plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.